problem with PCHIPS M758LT+

Yann Poupet yann at yannouch.net
Wed Mar 26 17:24:31 CET 2003

Hi,

my problems are not linuxbios specific, but since I wanted a linuxbios mobo, I've bought one from cwlinux and maybe one of you had the same problems. My mobo is a pcchips M758LT+, whith a sis630ET chipset.

When I first plugged my hard disk to this mobo, the problems began. I had lot of HDD input/ouput errors (XFS on a 2.4.20-ck4 kernel), and finaly my HD seems to be dead... I've installed the latest ac patched kernel (2.4.21-pre5-ac3) which is supposed to have latest sis ide drivers, but I'm still having problem with my new HD (some stange sounds, some I/O errors on XFS and corrupts on ext2). The 630ET is supposed to be an ATA133 chipset, but the kernel recognized it as a Sis630 / ATA66 chipset (dmesg says 'SiS630    ATA 66 controller'). Is there still a problem with the drivers or are they fine for SIS630ET? Anyone has this mobo whith no problem?

I don't want to play with the embedded Doc LinuxBios before I'm sure all's OK.

2nd problem (and last one). This chipset is supposed to embed a sound card. After some search on the net, I think it should be a sis7012 or 7018 chip. But my kernel can't find such a device (nothing in dmesg, nothing in lspci -vvv). I've activated it in the bios, but it's still invisible. Any experience with sound on this mobo?

Thanks