off topic: CF -> IDE Where and which to buy?

Jake Page jake at CS.Stanford.EDU
Mon Mar 24 03:19:00 CET 2003

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Nicholas Mistry wrote:

> I am in the process of getting a CF/IDE drive for my Linuxbios machine.  I
> am in the US and was wondering where and which one to get.  As i am in a
> rush and hate to impulse buy, i thought to ask what you thought.
>
> so far its between one of these:
>
> http://www.pcengines.ch/cflash.htm  (US $20)

I have tried the CFDISK 1C and CDDISK D5 from PCEngines.  The 1C works
fine.  The 5D is nice because it's so small, but the connector is kind of
flimsy and didn't hold up too well to repeated use...

> http://www.cwlinux.com/eng/products/products_ide2cf.php (US $20-25)

Haven't tried, but from looking at them I'd say they look great for
a more "permanent" solution, but are probably more of a pain if you
are removing the card a lot.  They do look a lot sturdier than either of
the PCEngines adaptors...

-Jake