SiS630 Disabling Embedded Devices (was: Software Watchdog Timer)

Andrew Ip aip at cwlinux.com
Wed Mar 19 10:46:00 CET 2003

> Eric set up a nice infrastructure for CMOS, and we have not yet used it.
> Sounds like we now have an application. I would like to have the LinuxBIOS
> code that uses the CMOS written in C, however. How late in the boot
> process can you enable/disable this hardware and have it work correctly?
For most cases, it probably needs to be done before PCI probing.  Besides,
should we follow normal bios layout, or should we have our own.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Ip
Email:  aip at cwlinux.com
Tel:    (852) 2542 2046
Fax:    (852) 2542 2036
Mobile: (852) 9201 9866

Cwlinux Limited
Unit 202B 2/F Lai Cheong Factory Building,
479-479A Castle Peak Road,
Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon,
Hong Kong.

Tel: (852)2542 2046