problem with udelay solved - romimage too big

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Fri Mar 14 09:11:01 CET 2003

Hi, mucking with the source cde and with configuration samples I've
solved the compile problem I wrote about yesterday night (udelay)

Now I can get a romimage file. I plan to burn this file inside the
normal flash of my pcchips 810 board to boot from IDE (hard disk).

However, the file romimage is too big! I would have expected a 256KB
file, but I obtain a 1.4MB one:

$ ll -h payload.block linuxbios.rom romimage
-rw-rw-r--    1 alesan   alesan        64k Mar 14 13:31 linuxbios.rom
-rw-rw-r--    1 alesan   alesan       1.3M Mar 14 13:31 payload.block
-rw-rw-r--    1 alesan   alesan       1.4M Mar 14 13:31 romimage

What am I doing wrong? This is the config file:

target rom
mainboard pcchips/m810lmr
cpu k7
option CONFIG_UDELAY_TSC=1
option VIDEO_CONSOLE=1
option SERIAL_CONSOLE=1
option DEFAULT_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL=6
option SERIAL_POST=1
option ENABLE_MII=1
option MUST_ENABLE_FLOPPY=1
option HAVE_FRAMEBUFFER=1
option SMA_SIZE=0x80
option BOOT_IDE=1
option IDE_BOOT_DRIVE=0
option ONE_TRACK=32
biosbase 0xffff0000
linux /usr/src/linux
commandline root=/dev/hda1 console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0

bye bye thank you
as

--

How to build a lirc receiver