ADLO for EPIA

hcyun at etri.re.kr hcyun at etri.re.kr
Tue Mar 11 21:59:00 CET 2003

> hmm can you try warm boot? ie first boot with your classic pc
> bios, then
> warm boot into the linuxbios+adlo and all other stuff.

I tried but no success.

> If you have ICE, you could try to see how far it goes. u could setup
> execution break point at 0x7C00 as it is used repeately
> during the boot.

I don't have ICE (Could you recommend one ?) . Therefore I printed post
code at several point of bochs code.
And I think it stop during VGABIOS execution because it works before option
rom scan procedure.
I think EPIA bios do something on northbridge settings which VGABIOS
require.
How do you think?

I found some VGA related registers on northbridge such as 0xfb register
which have 'VGA Enable'
disable bit. However When I enable it, strangely etherboot doesn't works
and system restarted.
(My boot configuration is linuxbios -> etherboot -> ADLO payload )

Hmm..