E7500 Question

steven james pyro at linuxlabs.com
Mon Mar 10 16:31:00 CET 2003

Greetings,

To the best of my knowledge, the 7500 will always map RAM, then PCI, then
APICs and flash, finally, any RAM that wouldn't fit below the PCI hardware
maps will go above 4GB and be accessable through PAE mode only.

G'day,
sjames

On 10 Mar 2003, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> "Cary Jardin" <cary at xprime.com> writes:
>
> > Eric,
> >
> > I saw your threads on LinuxBIOS and I hope you don't mind me asking a
> > question.
> >

> > I am running into a problem with the E7500 remapping of PCI space above
> > system space.
> It only remaps memory not pci space.
>
> > Optimally, I would like it to map below for my specific
> > application.  Unfortunately I am using an AMI bios that I can't just
> > crack open and look at.
> >
> > >From you experience, can this be done on the E7500?
>
> It does not sound correct:
> The docs for this part of the chipset are available at developer.intel.com
>
> Eric

-------------------------steven james, director of research, linux labs
... ........ ..... ....                     230 peachtree st nw ste 701
the original linux labs                             atlanta.ga.us 30303
      -since 1995                              http://www.linuxlabs.com
                                   office 404.577.7747 fax 404.577.7743