VxWorks boot

Felix Radensky felix at allot.com
Mon Mar 3 10:18:01 CET 2003

Hi, folks

After a break I'm back to my task of using LinuxBios to
boot VxWorks and I have the following problem.

As I mentioned in my previous posts, VxWorks loader
insists on beeing loaded at physical address 0x8000. The
loader image size is 576K, and when loaded to 0x8000 it
overrides areas used by LinuxBios itself, so I cannot even
reach the code in LinuxBios that jumps to kernel entry
point. I have verified that  68000 bytes can be copied to
0x8000, but 70000 cannot.

If I'm reading ldscript.ld correctly, LinuxBios uses memory
at 0x4000 for its  data+bss, heap and stack. My question is:
how can I modify this file to allow loading of VxWorks bootloader.

Any other ideas are also welcome.

TIA.

Felix.