move to bitkeeper?

Clark Rawlins clark at bit63.org
Mon Jun 30 15:25:00 CEST 2003

It prevents the person from using the prefered tools of the project
to contribute to the project.  So when someone wants to get the
latest sources and there is no daily snapshot tarball the user
either has to fork over $4K (I think it costs that much I haven't
checked recently) or violate the licence or forgo working
on the project until either a snapshot is available.

Clark

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 01:23:23PM -0600, ron minnich wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Clark Rawlins wrote:
>
> > The real problem with Larry's policy is that if you work on
> > any other SCM code free or not you must buy the full version
> > of the tools.  That would lock out some of us who have worked
> > on subversion/cvs/etc who want to work on LinuxBIOS.
>
> that locks out the project, but not the person, right?
>
> ron

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
  - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.