K8 + 2.4.21 + SuSE 64-bit mode + Arima HDAMA + 49LF040 + MTD

YhLu YhLu at tyan.com
Thu Jun 26 22:25:01 CEST 2003

Eric,

I have some questions about the APIC.
How can I change the Second Opteron's  APIC_ID? DO I need to make the second
CPU run and its process access (APIC_DEFAULT_BASE+APIC_ID) and set (1<<24)
to it.

Then When should start the process in auto.c or hardwaremain.c (
startup_other_cpus function)?  I have tried to add one branch in auto.c and
seems the second cpu start only from crt0.base. and it try copy LinBIOS and
Jump

Regards

Yinghai Lu