mtd drivers and diskonchip millenium

roger rogerxxmaillist at san.rr.com
Mon Jun 23 05:50:01 CEST 2003

hey all. just dropping a note here that I'm having a problem getting the
doc2001 module(s) to recognize a diskonchip millenium being placed in
the old motherboard bios chip socket.

seems I have to induce a kernel oops to get the diskonchip recognized.

i've already emailed the problem to the mtd mailling lists and david
mentioned something about using a memory map module prior to loading.

so my installation of linuxbios has been stalled.  basically, on reboot,
the both boxes act similar to as if there is no bios chip installed.
also have the docipl + 440bx support issue.  As a work around tho, I
plan on buying spare bios chips.  However, mtd is still buggy.  So far,
openbios/devbios is the only thing that will actively let me read/write
to the device.

(Tyan Tiger 1832DL 440BX with a second 440BX board laying around. Both
with the same problem.  So much for spending the extra buck on intel
boards to ensure compatability eh?)

--

Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html