: new config language.

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Fri Jun 20 15:18:00 CEST 2003

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> Eric,
>
> So If I want to SMP support, I have added the corresponding code by myself
> at this time.

Or at least work with the others working on it and it can be a cooperative
venture.

Basically it is the nature of open source if something isn't implemented
you can wait or you can write it.

So far what I have seen is a talented user figuring out LinuxBIOS.
I have not seen a developer giving constructive giving constructive
feedback or helping in the development.

My general advise to people who want to just use the Opteron port
is stay away.

For developers the advice is dig in, just be aware everything is
undergoing active development, and there are a lot of pieces
that have been stubbed in but have not been written correctly yet.
SMP support is one of those.

Eric