Mouse function

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Thu Jun 19 16:23:01 CEST 2003

I can't seem to get my freakin PS/2 mouse to work.

The mouse is attached to the NSC pc87351 superIO and as far as I can
tell is fully enabled.  But when I run gpm I never see any activity on
MClk and MData.   strace reports that gpm alarms out on a read waiting
for the mouse to respond to the detect command.

Keyboard works so I know ports 60 and 64 are up and working and
forwarded to the ISA bus.

I see reference to a enable auxilliary device command (0xa8) for the
KBC.  Anyone know if there is some init sequence that you have to send
the KBC to make the aux device go and actually toggle MClk and MDat?

I tried sending a 0xa8 but it didn't seem to make a difference.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com