linuxbios and bochs

Brian G. Rhodes bgr at gw.linespeed.net
Wed Jun 11 15:55:01 CEST 2003

Andrew,

I settled on linuxbios with etherboot and Adam Agnew's polled ide patch
for etherboot using mkelfImage to create the ELF binary with the kernel
and initrd.

Here is the code I added to handle PCI bridge cards in newpci.c in
pci_assign_irqs

          else
	    {
	      u16 x;

	      pci_read_config_word(pdev, PCI_CLASS_DEVICE, &x);
	      if (x == PCI_CLASS_BRIDGE_PCI)
		{

		  printk_debug("PCI device is a bridge\n");
		  // cross bridge
		  if (pdev->children)
		    {
		      struct pci_dev *cdev;
		      printk_debug("PCI devices behind bridge. Bus %d\n",
pdev->secondary);

		      cdev = pdev->children;
		      while (cdev)
			{
			  pci_assign_irqs(pdev->secondary,
PCI_SLOT(cdev->devfn), pIntAtoD);
			  cdev = cdev->next;
			}
		    }
		}
	    }

And included pci_ids.h...

I am still not getting interrupts on any cards I put in the PCI slot on
the EPIA.

Bus  0, device  20, function  0:
    PCI bridge: Hint Corp HB1-SE33 PCI-PCI Bridge (rev 20).
      Master Capable.  Latency=64.
  Bus  2, device   0, function  0:
    Multimedia controller: Sigma Designs, Inc. EM840x REALmagic DVD/MPEG-2
Audio/V.
      IRQ 5.
      Master Capable.  Latency=64.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfe700000 [0xfe7fffff].
  Bus  2, device   4, function  0:
    Multimedia controller: Sigma Designs, Inc. EM840x REALmagic DVD/MPEG-2
Audio/V.
      IRQ 5.
      Master Capable.  Latency=64.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfe800000 [0xfe8fffff].
  Bus  2, device   8, function  0:
    Multimedia controller: Sigma Designs, Inc. EM840x REALmagic DVD/MPEG-2
Audio/V.
      IRQ 5.
      Master Capable.  Latency=64.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfe900000 [0xfe9fffff].
  Bus  2, device  12, function  0:
    Multimedia controller: Sigma Designs, Inc. EM840x REALmagic DVD/MPEG-2
Audio/V.
      IRQ 5.
      Master Capable.  Latency=64.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfea00000 [0xfeafffff].

cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:      38836          XT-PIC  timer
  1:          2          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  4:       8370          XT-PIC  serial
  5:          0          XT-PIC  Harmony, Harmony, Harmony, Harmony
 11:        216          XT-PIC  eth0
 14:        944          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:         15          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0