[FIXED] ADLO/Bochs and PCI config

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Mon Jun 9 23:32:01 CEST 2003

Adam Sulmicki wrote:

>>>that fragile so I must be missing something.
>>>
>>>It is :/

Yes you are correct.  It _is_ much more fragile than I thought.  The
boot POST area is limited in size.  Looking through the code you will
find many references to intxx_relocated because it was too big to fit in
the boot POST area.

I solved my problem by relocating the expansion ROM BIOS routine and my
PCI config code into another area of the bios and then calling them as
subroutines.

I also had a problem with the way I was doing my PCI config reads and
writes.  The term 'Register' in a PCI config space read/write actually
means 'which block of 4 bytes'  So to access the command register (bytes
4 and 5) I had to use 0x09004 rather than 0x09010 in eax.

I now have both heads up and going... X works fine now except that the
mouse dosen't work so it seems I have some more IRQ work to sort out.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com