linuxbios and bochs

SONE Takeshi ts1 at tsn.or.jp
Mon Jun 9 22:56:01 CEST 2003

Hi Brian,
Your mail server refuses mail from Japan! So, to answer your question
in the personal mail, the debug level and gcc version problems happened
only when I was modifying the code, and there is no such problem with
curernt code, at least for me.

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 06:15:56PM -0500, Brian G. Rhodes wrote:
> I'm booting linuxbios with a adlo/bochs payload on a VIA EPIA 800. I have
> also disabled vga in bochs so thatit does not hang when vgabios is not
> present.  Bochs will load about 10% of the time when rebooting the system.
> The rest of the time it will hang.

I think Andrew Ip has similar problem with his EPIA.

I think Bochs BIOS and VGA BIOS are running with cache on.
Try changing mem.basek value from 768 to 1024 in northbridge.c,
it will report 0xC0000-0xFFFFF area as no ram, so it will not cached.

Also, VGA BIOS from EPIA BIOS version 0109 is reported to NOT work.
If you have problem with VGA BIOS, try latest image.

--
Takeshi