Fixes for Tyan s2880

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Thu Jul 31 23:04:01 CEST 2003

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> Eric,
>
> I have made two changes in raminit.c
> 1. csbase counting
> 2. fill_last to make sure kernel to scan NUMA successfully.
>
> For s2880 it can work with 4*1G+2*256M RAM, and doesn't work with
> 4*1G+2*512M or 4*1G+2*1G.
>
> I would try to substitute raminit.c with hardcode one to test for 6G, if it
> can help.
>
> Please advise.

There has been enough code churn that my head is still spinning in
trying to get in sync with the main tree.

I have updated raminit.c so that it now handles the case of each
memory controller starting from 0 cleanly, and I have updated
cpufixup.c so that we are handling > 4GB of memory properly.  TOP_MEM2
was not getting set to the proper value.

fill_last was pretty much a duplicate of route_dram_access except
different assumptions were made, so I have removed fill_last again.

If you have memory that doesn't get setup properly now holler.

So we should be pretty close.  Before I can go much farther I need a
test for pre rev c0 cpus.  Because a lot of the remaining memory code
needs to be conditional on it.

I am in the last stages of stabilizing an internal version to
be used in large scale testing to search for hardware
incompatibilities.

I also have a the links width and speed being automatically setup
properly.  But the way I discover the links is still kind of
nasty, so I am not quite ready to push the code back yet.

I should be switching over to the new configuration system on Monday
and once that is sorted out quite I can start putting hard codes
where they belong in the board specific configuration.

Eric