EPIA-ME6000

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmx.net
Tue Jul 29 19:51:01 CEST 2003

Hello Andrew,

> > I have been fiddling with etherboot 5.0.10 and freebios(v1) from CVS
today
> > on a EPIA-ME6000 platform.
> > When booting, I merely got garbled output on the serial port.
> > I have double checked that the config file reads 115200 and that my
> > terminal reads 115200 8N1. (The 115200 is assembly hardcoded in
> > the vt82c686 superio code -- does it cope with my different processor
>
> Have you tried 57600?  EPIA-M6000 seems to have problem to use 115200
> under LinuxBIOS unless it is boot from normal bios and then reset the
> system.  That's why you are getting garbage.
>
> -Andrew

Just to make sure; where would I need to set the 57600 bitrate? The file I
have been
looking at is the assembler code file in the vt82c686 directory, which just
sets a
register with some values I cannot compare with a datasheet (as I haven't
found one yet).
Or am I looking at the wrong file here: ?

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/freebios/freebios/src/superio/via/vt82c686/setup_serial.inc?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Also, I blew up my board (probably ESD problem) during replacing the cooling
compounds. :-/
I am waiting for a new one... This _does_ give me an extra (and original)
FlashROM part. :-)

BTW, does anyone know a source for the STT39F020A Flashes? They're hard to
come by here.

Regards,

Leon.