EPIA-ME6000

SONE Takeshi ts1 at tsn.or.jp
Tue Jul 29 07:31:01 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 12:09:11PM +0200, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> That only worked after I copied the BIOS into the upper half of the larger
> device (from 0x40000 to 0x7FFFF). So I recon the highest address line
> is not connected on the board and so the FlashROM sees high-impedance
> on its most significant address line (and addresses the upper half always)>

I think that it does not mean MSB is not connected.
Since BIOS is expected to live at highest address below 4GB,
you would have to write the 256KB image at highest portion of ROM anyway
if all address lines are connected.

If you had to write it in the lower half, you could say the highest
address line is grounded.

> I followed the HOWTO/EPIA document to the letter (without the VGA
> BIOS at first) booting linuxbios w/ via-rhine.elf payload.

HOWTO/EPIA is written for original EPIA boards like EPIA-5000 or EPIA-800,
not for EPIA-M(E).
Did you use config file for EPIA-M?

--
Takeshi