Fixes for Tyan s2880

Yinghai Lu yhlu at tyan.com
Sat Jul 26 18:28:00 CEST 2003

Ron,

The image that is built via the new config tool can work as the old
config tools last night.
CHIP_CONFIGURE is workable too. It will be very useful to device config
or disable some device.

I can send you the diff next Monday if you want.

I add LINUXBIOS_EXTRA_VERSION to the Option.lb in the config. Use that
We can diff from normal boot to fallback boot in the output.

Change some #ifdef to #if CONFIG_SMP==1....

Also please verify
1. Several CONFIG_MAX_CPUS using in the source code, You may need to
select one from CONFIG_MAX_CPUS and
MAX_CPUS.....CONFIG_MAX_PHYSICAL_CPUS.....
Since all SMP have been changed to CONFIG_SMP, and Will you use
CONFIG_MAX_CPUS etc instead of MAX_CPUS etc...
2. Config.lb in arch/i386/smp, missed secondary.S.need to remove the #.
3. _RAMBASE default is 0x100000 in the new Config , and it is not
working with SMP. In hardwaremain(), can not start the second CPU. Need
to change to 0x4000 as the old config tool did.
4. You need to remove make.base.lb, since the function has been replaced
by the above Config.lb.  the rule control make linuxbios.rom.

Regards

Yinghai Lu