Linuxbios and Via M10000, where to start?

Barbini Uberto Uberto.Barbini at ceda.polimi.it
Fri Jul 25 13:04:01 CEST 2003

Hi, I'm sorry for the quite trivial question, but I cannot be able to found
it by myself.

I have a via M10000 motherboard and I'm using it with gentoo with kernel
2.6.0.test1 and xfree86 latest snap, and acpid for clean poweroff by power
button.
All works fine, and I'm quite an happy user.
I'm wondering if I happiness can grow still more using linuxbios to cut off
booting time. ;)
But is there any risk I cannot be able to run the above software? (first
question)

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, after downloading freebios, but I'm
unsure of its function too. In the donwload page of linuxbios.org there is a
link to "other software", I have to download that too?

I'll be grateful for any hints and I apologize if this is not the right
place to ask for it.

Bye

Uberto Barbini