freebios2 mod to reset code.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Wed Jul 23 15:15:01 CEST 2003

* Steve Gehlbach <steve at nexpath.com> [030723 19:24]:

> > Could this cause the hang with ADLO/rombios when booting grub on K8?
> > Grub seems to hang right when it switches to pmode the first time.
>
> For me, it happened every time, so I don't know what "first time" means.
>   I guess I could have been doing something really stupid (I regret to
> admit this is possible), but I do recall making a number of before and
> after tests with a number of different memory addresses.

Ah, i should have been more exact. I traced the code and grub runs fine,
loads it's second stage boot loader, and then early in second stage, it
switches to protected mode. I think it switches back and forth a couple
of times (prot_to_real/real_to_prot), but I never get over the very
first switching that occurs at all. But it does hang every time.

Stefan

--
Architecture Team
    SuSE Linux AG