freebios2 mod to reset code.

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Jul 23 10:45:01 CEST 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> * ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [030723 02:48]:
> > make reset a rel jump to 0xfffffff0 - (sizeof entry16). Then put entry 16
> > right before 0xfffffff0. Entry16 code turns on 32-bit mode and then jumps
> > to the real start of the linuxbios image -- which can now be anywhere in
> > the flash image. I could use this now, as could others.
>
> Sounds pretty good!

it sounded good to me too :-)

sadly, it appears that 0xffe0000 is not enabled at hardware startup.

Stefan, what makes sense to do for this problem?

One option is to grow this idea a bit: have the 32-bit mode enable right
below 0xfffffff0, but include in that a flash enable. Then it would work.

By far the simplest thing to do is make it possible to move c_payload
around, say to 0xfffe0000

ron