K8 Progress

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Jul 23 01:21:00 CEST 2003

it's getting easier and easier to resync the new config tool to the
ongoing changes. Took a few minutes earlier today and I was back on the
air.

I have noticed that the testing of the first 16M of memory in auto.c is
very slow, so I've turned it off on my version. My guess is for you guys
it runs very fast. There must still be a difference somewhere. Can someone
confirm that the K8 memory test in auto.c is fast?

A note on the SST 49LF0[48]0 flash parts, since we've all had trouble with
them.  Here's what I have found. The first time I flash there is always
trouble. However, if I 'eraseall /dev/mtd0' a few times, then do the 'dd
trick':

dd if=image of=/dev/mtd0 bs=65536 seek=$i skip=$i

i.e. program individual blocks, it almost always works.