EPIA-M, linuxbios + power button

SONE Takeshi ts1 at tsn.or.jp
Mon Jul 21 10:45:00 CEST 2003

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 07:35:11AM -0700, Dave Ashley wrote:
> Under award bios the power button did an instant off. Under linuxbios I
> have to hold the power button down for 4 seconds to get the power to go
> off. I vaguely remember reading about controlling the power button, but I can't
> find it in the docs. Does anyone know how to fix this?

On EPIA, I neither found the bit to switch the functionality of
power button.
I thought that "Instant Off" feature is implemented by SMM BIOS.

So I wrote a small daemon program to poll the status of power button,
and invokes "/sbin/init 0" when hit.
Polling in the user space will not miss a short-time button press
(in my application it is simulated by PIC micro)
because the status bit will be stay ON once it is pressed.

Probably the same will apply to EPIA-M.

--
Takeshi