Assembly code errors

Dave Ashley linuxbios at xdr.com
Fri Jul 18 14:35:01 CEST 2003

When I write some assembly code and I've got the syntax wrong, the build
fails but the line numbers reported in error messages don't relate to the
source I'm working on. I'm wondering could the build process for the assembly
code be changed so the python script creates a global
  toplevel.asm
file that has within it #includes for all the source files? So rather than
cat'ing all the files, you let the compiler include them, so its error
messages will be informative.

There's nothing especially bad about ASM code development, but things
like accurate error reporting can make it easier (or harder when absent).

-Dave