K8 + 2.4.21 + Tyan S2880

YhLu YhLu at tyan.com
Mon Jul 14 23:10:01 CEST 2003

Eric,

Thanks, I change 8k to 40k and it works. Because I put the elf in hda1.

In the Config of Ehterboot, I have set BOOT_FIRST=BOOT_DISK and
BOOT_SECOND=BOOT_NIC.
In the fallback track, It works great and if HD is not there is will boot
from Network.
About the normal boot, it seems there some problems. After change the
cmos.conf. boot_option=Normal
boot_first=HDD
boot_second=HDD
boot_third=Network

Then corresponding to BOOT_FIRST it says that "Wrong index" ???
When the HDD is present, it works as touch pci_ide (find one HD and print
"Wrong index")/ isa_ide/ pci_ide and load image from ide.
And When the HDD is not present , it works as touch pci_ide/isa_ide/pci_nic
and load image from ide.

Is it because boot_first should be set Network fixedly?
In the main.c of Etherboot, it only at state=3 and index=0 and type
mismatched can print such "Wrong index",

It is a bug in Etherboot 5.1.8.?

Regards

Yinghai Lu