DIP / PLCC

Niki Waibel niki.waibel at newlogic.com
Mon Jul 7 08:06:00 CEST 2003

>> Mine (Epia-M 10000) only has 1 PLCC socket for 2/4MBit flash (no idea
>> whether more is possible)
> I think only EPIA has that socket.  IIRC, Snapgear has got the driver
> for doc mil+, but I havn't seen anything yet.  We have used a custom made
> DIP-PLCC adapter to connect DOC on EPIA, and Linux is able to see the
> DOC with mtd.  However, we haven't done anything further.

"custom made DIP-PLCC":
what did you customize?

there is also
 http://www.epboard.com/eproducts/ezadapter.htm#DIP to PLCC Adapter
 product number: E32-0030
 name: DIP-32 to  PLCC-32 eZ-Reconfigurable IC Adapter
which seems to be a pin reconfigurable adapter...

andrew, do you think that the DIP chips could work
with such an adapter?

niki