pc chips 810

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Thu Jan 30 14:44:00 CET 2003

Hi. Still waiting for our burocracy to buy cwlinux motherboards, we got
a pcchips 810 lmr motherboard.

I've download the prepackaged image from cwlinux website and the cvs
version of freebios. I flashed the file:

ftp.cwlinux.com/pub/downloads/linuxbios-sdk/images/romimages/m810-ide.rom

on the hard disk, connected as hda, I've made a partition hda1 of few MB
and formatted as ext2. Here I've placed a kernel compiled from vanilla
2.4.20 sources and processed with:

mkelfImage --kernel=/usr/src/linux-2.4.20/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage
--command-line="console=ttyS0,115200 CONSOLE=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/hda1
video=sisfb:640x480-8 at 60,font:VGA8x16" --output=kernel.elf

I've renamed the kernel.elf image in "kernel" and I put it on hda1. hda2
is my root fs.

When I turn the computer on, I can see (as soon as the monitor resumes
from the silly dpms powerdown) a tux logo and a cursor flashing.

On a serial terminal I get the attached log.

At this point caps lock and no scroll leds are blinking.

Frame buffer seems to work well! Why isn't my system booting properly?

bye thank you
as