Tiger MPX

steven james pyro at linuxlabs.com
Mon Jan 27 13:14:00 CET 2003

Greetings,

It's confusion over the image names. The fallback image is the one you
want. Fallback has the actual power on reset vector. When normal boot is
configured in CMOS, the fallback image jumps into the 'normal' image early
in the setup. Should that image fail, the next time through, fallback does
it all itself. I should document this!

G'day,
sjames

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Jarmo Tulonen wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've been testing LinuxBIOS on Tyan's Tiger MPX, using etherboot as
> payload, but with no luck so far. Nothing is output to the serial port and
> nothing sent to the ethernet so I guess I must have something fundamentally
> wrong.
>
> Steven : I used as configuration the file "example-normal.config" that you
> provided, just replacing the path to etherboot, and the files under
> .../mainboard/tyan/TigerMPX without modification.
> I've understood that you tested it on a similar board (or was it the "-4M"
> version ?)
>
> Any ideas how to proceed ?
>
> Jarmo

-------------------------steven james, director of research, linux labs
... ........ ..... ....                     230 peachtree st nw ste 701
the original linux labs                             atlanta.ga.us 30303
      -since 1995                              http://www.linuxlabs.com
                                   office 404.577.7747 fax 404.577.7743