Newbie install question

Jeffrey Knight jefight at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 10:40:00 CET 2003

Hi all:
I'm looking for a linux version/distribution that will boot as fast as
possible.
I have a PII intel motherboard, and am interested in trying to get linuxBIOS
on it (the Phoenix BIOS alone take a good 15+ seconds).

My questions are:
do I need any special *hardware* to install linuxBIOS?
In reading the FAQ's on the website, I'm a bit confused by "burning a flash
ROM" using a flash burner.
and
is there any documentation on installing linuxBIOS other than the FAQ's?

Although I'm very familiar with linux, a lot of this is new to me.
Thanks!
Jeff