Jumping to LinuxBIOS

sivakumar sivakumar.subramani at wipro.com
Thu Jan 16 00:43:00 CET 2003

Hi,

Do I need to initialize the PAM (Programmable Attribute Map Register)?

Actually this register is used to do some memory mapping functionality.

When I was browsing the source code tree (in 440gx also) I found that in
all the Northbridge raminit.inc , we are setting this register to
default values (i.e., 0x00)

That means we are not worrying about the PAM during the RAM
initialization. Is my assumption is correct?

Thanks,
Siva

--
sivakumar <sivakumar.subramani at wipro.com>