Wow! A hole in linuxbios PCI mastery setup?

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Jan 14 10:55:01 CET 2003

On 14 Jan 2003, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> I am not totally certain that it is buggy.  There are places this
> can be reasonable behavior.  Experience with etherboot shows that
> normally boot devices at least have bus master set by the BIOS.

I can see how they would do this, but I still find it worrisome. I would
guess that if the BIOS knows about a particular device it sets bus master,
but it is hard to say. I would still not want to take standard BIOS
behavior as a rule, given how many things that standard BIOSes seem to get
wrong :-)

ron