Geode sc2200 vga

Steve M. Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Sat Jan 11 16:13:00 CET 2003

> Well, just to let you know: I'm *VERY* intersted in having VGA on my Geode
> GX1 boards (the sc2200 is, as I understand it, compatible with the GX1) !
> :-)
>
> I haven't used linuxbios yet, but somewhere in the next weeks I'll
> start experimenting with it.
>
> 	greetings,
> 	Rob van Nieuwkerk

The vga code has now been integrated into the linuxbios codebase.  Look at
the code in /src/northsouthbridge/sis/630 for examples to extending it to
the Geode.  This is all legacy text mode, or in the case of the splash
screen, simple legacy graphics mode.  If you are interested in the linux
framebuffer, that would be different matter.

-Steve