Geode sc2200 vga

Christer Weinigel christer at weinigel.se
Mon Jan 6 14:41:00 CET 2003

Christer Weinigel <christer at weinigel.se> writes:

> John Allen <jallen at integraltech.com> writes:
>
> > I have successfully built LinuxBIOS to load a kernel from my IDE drive
> > and boot using a serial console.  Now I would like to test the VGA
> > funtionality of my board.  Has anyone had any experience getting the VGA
> > to turn on and work within LinuxBIOS and/or Linux?
> > John
>
> <cut'n'paste>
>     There is no video support in LinuxBIOS itself, so you won't get
>     any video until you have loaded the NatSemi Geode Linux
>     framebuffer driver (can be found at www.linux4.tv under the
>     heading SP1SC10 Platform Image).
> </cut'n'paste>
>
> Go fetch the NatSemi driver, that will give you video in Linux.
>
>   /Christer (who _definitely_ has to write a FAQ soon)

<confession time>

Ok, I downloaded the linux4.tv driver again and tried it on my SC2200
board and I can't get it to work either.  Very strange, since I had it
working with LinuxBIOS a couple of months ago.  It might be that I had
to turn on some clock or PLL by hand.

</confession time>

Oh well, I'll try to see if I can find a backup of the kernel I used
then and see if I can get it running again.

  /Christer

Freelance consultant specializing in device driver programming for Linux
Christer Weinigel <christer at weinigel.se>  http://www.weinigel.se