VIA EPIA up!

Nicholas Mistry nick-linuxbios at bostonimportcenter.com
Thu Jan 2 06:21:00 CET 2003

> It is an EPAI5000 - I did not realise that DOC was an option on these
> boards. Mine doesn't have this.
> A bit frustrating to see the empty space on the board.
>
> Does anyone know how to specify this option, and what the extra cost is?

I posted a while back w/ my frustrations trying to find out more about the
DOC pad on the EPIA5000 and 6000 and C3-800 boards.   Through several
channels VIA replied back "this feature is discontinued and unsupported".

As soon as my SMT soldering kit comes in i want to try and mount a DOC on
the pad, move the jumper, power up and prey that i dont smell smoke..
Aparantly from what i have read elsewhere (i forget exactly where), the
early rev of the EPIA bios for these motherboards still contains the code
to use the DOC.   So if all goes well, i should have more to tell in a few
weeks.

If things dont go well, i might have to revert to following the traces on
the motherboard.  UGH.  Anyone got xray vision?

And I agree, such a promising void must be filled!  =)

-N