Amptron 3787CLM - will donate hardware for support

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Feb 26 22:43:00 CET 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Eric Ziegast wrote:

> Note: I'd normally use the linuxbios.org web page submission form, but
>       the form is not working, and there is no contact info that
>       looked readily available.  The list isn't a bad place to find
>       people willing to work on new hardware, so here goes...

sorry about the form, we're in transition and that thing never got used by
anybody so we took it off.

> The label on the BIOS chip reads: "686 AMIBIOS (C)1999 BS46".
> The Amptron web page states it's 2MB "Flash".  I don't know how

probably 2 Mbit, not 2 Mbyte.

Is it a 32-pin DIP or a little square thing? can you peel the label off
and see what the part # is?

Would you consider IDE-flash? pretty cheap and works now. We have 1152 of
them working fine here at LANL.

ron