SiS630 flash_rom & various flash parts

ollie lho ollie at sis.com.tw
Sun Feb 23 22:06:01 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 06:07, Alexander Amelkin wrote:
> Hello ollie!
>
>   As far as I understand, it's you, Ollie, who wrote that flash_rom
>   program? My SiS630e board (pcchips m787cl+) has an EON EN29F002NT
>   flash part on it and I also have a spare old 1Mbit SST29EE010 part.
>   I saw the program supports SST29EE020... I thought (just an
>   assumption) that SST29EE010 may be similar to SST29EE020 in all but
>   the size, so I patched your program a little (added a record to the
>   flashchips array and also added some #define's to flash.h) so it
>   agreed to flash my spare chip. Unfortunately it didn't work. The
>   flash_rom pretends to work, but quits after "Verifying 0x00000001".
>   The board doesn't boot and when I place the EON part back in place,
>   the board's CMOS turns out to be ruined.

I doubt it will work. Every EEPROM parts have slightly different command
set/cycle for programming. You can not just change the ID and expect it
to work.

>   Can you imlement a correct support for SST29EE010 please? It has a
>   sufficient size to put a linuxbios in there, so I'd like to use that
>   part if possible. I hope it is electrically compatible with the
>   SST29EE020 and EON EN29F002NT?

I am sorry that I can't do it for the moment. Programming EEPROM
needs a little bit of trial and error. You can try download the
datasheet  from SST and modify the 29EE020 code.

--
ollie lho <ollie at sis.com.tw>