How to initialize USB controller in LinuxBios?

ollie lho ollie at sis.com.tw
Thu Feb 20 23:13:01 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 10:26, riskin at 263.net wrote:
> Hi,ollie,
>
> My kernel is "2.2.14",so I need to initialize USB controller in LinuxBios.
>
> But,I don't know how to correctly initialize USB controller in LinuxBios
> on the sis630e chipset.
>
> I have checked the USB pci config space on the sis630e chipset,
> so I  assigned "I/0" addresses "0xd001<<12" and "0xd8001<<12".
> And,the function number of the tow USB controller is 2 and 3.

Do you really have any idea about USB controller ?? USB controller
does not require IP address space, it uses MMIO address space which
is called non-prefetchable memory in PCI spec. The controller does
not need any special init stuff. I don't think USB is supported by
2.2.x kernel neither. Why do you insist using 2.2.x kernel ?

--
ollie lho <ollie at sis.com.tw>