Ram initialization and small c.

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Feb 13 10:11:01 CET 2003

On 12 Feb 2003, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> Ron.  I am going to need to do a branch soon as I do the Hammer
> port and integrate a small C compiler.  And I want to make some
> clean fixes and remove some of the backwards compatibility cruft, and
> the linuxbios 1.0 code base is an inappropriate place to target.
> It should be possible to roll in most of the improvements into the 1.0
> codebase, but that will just increase the clutter of the codebase.

OK, but be aware that a person here is doing the PPC port, so we'll need
to see how to keep him up-to-date with what you're doing.

Although the PPC code is mostly C, since the cache-as-ram trick is
actually well-supported and working on that architecture. We don't want to
drop too many mainboards off the edge in the long term.

A branch would be a good place to fix up support for multiple south and
north bridges.

ron