ecs k7som + other supported chipsets

ollie lho ollie at sis.com.tw
Wed Feb 12 21:24:01 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 03:58, Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> Is there any support for ecs k7som (sis 740) or other DDR athlon
> motherboards? unfortunately pchips 810 has only 2 pci slots, and we need
> three. I can easily find newer motherboards with DDR chipsets here,
> that's why I ask about linuxbios support for those.

There is support for 735 with DDR. It should not take to much effort
to port to 740. The only problem is that you have to sign NDA of some
kind to get the register spec/bios programming guide from SiS.

> What is the difference between t30d and 730s? are they both supported?

Do you mean 730d ?? I never heard of that.

> The ideal solution would be a motherboard with integrated digital audio,
> but I think only VIA chipsets offer this. How is the situation from this
> point of view?

What integrated digital audio ?? SiS 740 has AC97 controller similar to
i810's.

--
ollie lho <ollie at sis.com.tw>