linuxbios build problems

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Feb 12 09:27:26 CET 2003

On 12 Feb 2003, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> Then someone modified intel_chip_post to change it's behavior
> when SERIAL_POST is called to output the post code to the serial port.

OK, will the guilty party please confess to me in private no need to
bother the list :-)

> If we want post codes to show up on the serial port even from the assembly
> code we need to introduce another macro, and carefully replace the users
> of intel_chip_post.  Rather than change the calling conventions of
> intel_chip_post.

ok. I'll do that.

But I'm not sure it is a good idea to have a common linuxbios.a for both
the compressed image and the initial image. The error was very hard for
people to understand. At least this is what I think is going on, since
symbols from one image were referenced from another, and the only way I
could see this happening was that the 1st and 2nd stage symbols were all
in the one .a

comments?

ron