LinuxBIOS for fast boots

Nicholas Ault minuo at mac.com
Tue Feb 11 15:06:01 CET 2003

Hi,

Curious to know:
What do you think of the C3 offerings from cwlinux?  Specifically I am
looking to start quickly, so I am wanting to get a board pre-installed.
 I like best the M787CL+ boards with the 1Ghz C3 processor.

I guess my real question is: Should I be looking at a DOC model or the
"Local Disk" model which doesn't use a DOC(correct?)?  I do and don't
want just a turn key board, so I want one that works now, but I would
like to be able to work on it or change things as I get more associated
with the linuxbios.  Can the non-DOC boards be flashed?  Also, fast boot
time is the key for me; which mode would be the best, and should I look
at a different board/processor?  Would CF->IDE adapter with the boot
system on it help with this?

Thanks!

--minuo
minuo at mac.com