Via EPIA - Success

Andrew Ip aip at cwlinux.com
Fri Feb 7 09:46:01 CET 2003

Sounds great.  Just send the patch to the list.  I can put that in the cvs.
Thanks.  Good work.

-Andrew

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 11:29:11AM -0000, Russell Gower wrote:
> Ok,
> I now have my Via EPIA 5000 booting into Linux :-)
>
> The Image from cwLinux wouldn't work for me.
>
> After a couple of days and countless chip swaps I've got it working with
> SDRAM detection using the code in borthbridge/via/vt8601/raminitspd.inc
>
> I've tested it with 2 diffrent DIMMS one 128mb and one 256m. Its actually
> reporting 9mb less, I think 8mb of that is SMA memory set aside for the
> framebuffer ( which i'm not using ) the other 1mb i'm not sure but would
> this be the memory from 0x00000000 -> 0x000a0000?
>
> It's passed 7 passes of MEMTEST so i think it's pretty stable, for me at
> least.
>
> Any way it works for me so I can now concentrate on the rest of my
> application, a car based MP3 player.
>
> How do I submit my modification, assuming you wan't them of course!
>
> Russell

Andrew Ip
Email:  aip at cwlinux.com
Tel:    (852) 2542 2046
Fax:    (852) 2542 2036
Mobile: (852) 9201 9866

Cwlinux Limited
Unit 202B 2/F Lai Cheong Factory Building,
479-479A Castle Peak Road,
Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon,
Hong Kong.

Tel: (852)2542 2046