440BX

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Feb 4 15:16:01 CET 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Jeffrey Knight wrote:

> There's no docs under freebios\freebios\HOWTO\ for 440BX; is building for
> the 440BX analogous to building for the L440GX?  (I see the
> l440bx-test12.config file in the util directory.)

yes, it is very similar.

I would welcome suggestions on how to write up a procedure that will work
across all the motherboards. I'm stumped. Flowchart? now sure.

> followed the HOWTO for L440GX and grabbed a 2.4.0-test12 kernel.
> But according to the HOWTO for L440GX, I need to patch the kernel with:
> freebios\src\kernel_patches\linux-2.4.0-test12-l440gx.patch
> which doesn't exist.

that's my fault, sorry. If you want just get a 2.4.20 kernel at
cwlinux.com, it should work fine.

> Yet according to the HOWTO at \freebios\src\kernel_patches\HOWTO:
> "For 440BX users: irq_route.diff is Tyson Sawyer's patch to properly handle
> LINUXBIOS kernels. It has been tested on 2.4.0-test6 kernels."
> ... so should I use a 2.4.0-test6 instead of a 2.4.0-test12 kernel, and
> patch it with irq_route.diff for a 440BX?

I'm sorry those docs are so out of data. If you are willing to suffer
through getting this going and can send me updated docs you would really
be helping us out.

ron