kernel config for linuxbios

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Mon Feb 3 03:33:00 CET 2003

Andrew Ip wrote:

 > >On the other hand, cwlinux's kernel has some great patches (like
 > >preemptive kernel) and a 2.4.20 version, but no "linuxbios support".
 >
 > kernel-source-linuxbios-2.4.20-CWLINUX_1.i386.rpm should contain sis
patch
 > already.

Yes I have that exact file; I've compared the directory entries for the
sis video framebuffer and I saw it was patched; however, in
linux-2.4.19-linuxbios there is a specific menu' entry for linuxbios
support:

Sound  --->
USB support  --->
Bluetooth support  --->
Kernel hacking  --->
LinuxBIOS  --->
---
Load an Alternate Configuration File
Save Configuration to an Alternate File

while in 2.4.20-cwlinux I can't find it. I was wondering if it was
enabled by default. That menu, in 2.4.19-linuxbios contains:

<*> LinuxBIOS Support (NEW)
Linuxbios Options  --->

and Linuxbios options is:

[*] Linuxbios Power Management support? (NEW)
[*]  S    SIS 503 support? (NEW)
[ ]  P    PIIX4E support? (NEW)

bye! thank you
as