treoubles building a linuxbios rom

Steve M. Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Sun Feb 2 15:18:00 CET 2003

> I'm not sure, however, about the correctness of the options there in the
> config file. Where can I read the actual documentation of the various
> options?
>
> as

The documentation on config options is pretty sparce, mostly in the code
itself.  Look at the other config files (in
freebios/src/mainboard/.../config.example and also in
freebios/util/config/*), and of course, read the C code.  I use a find/grep
alias a lot to find config options and how they are used (alias findit='find
. | xargs grep  2>/dev/null').

We need more documentation for linuxbios; right now it is not a project
where you can just type "make" and flash a rom without digging into the code
a little (IMHO).  The best bet if you don't want to spend some time on it,
is to buy a board from cwlinux.  And, of course, if you come up to speed and
want to help out, I'm sure Ron would welcome a howto.html file.

-Steve