acpi shutdown + cool logo + nvram

Steve M. Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Sat Feb 1 17:41:00 CET 2003

> are there particular restrictions on the image properties? width/height,
> bit depth...?
>
> bye
> thank you
> as

The logo file is a pcx file, indexed color (256 colors) 640 x400, depth
8bits.  I created it with gimp, but I need to try and remember how.  The one
thing I remember is that only the first 16 entries in the palette are used.
So if you have an image with a larger palette you have to convert it and
gimp will do it.  But I can't seem to remember how I did it off hand... I
will think about it and post a note when I remember or maybe some else can
rediscover it.

-Steve