Infrastructure status....

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Sat Aug 30 13:10:00 CEST 2003

I have been working on merging the static and dynamic device
trees, and I finally have a working version.  The hard
part was that I was enumerating hypertransport first thing
and that was new code so any bug there and nothing looked like
it was working.

I have just a little bit more to finish up my initial superio
example and then I plan on committing the code.

I have had to extend the dynamic device tree in a couple of
ways to get this far.

Unless someone has some objects my plan is to tag the tree so it is
possible to look back and then commit everything.

There are lots of places where I am certain things can be done
better but the code is far enough along to be useful.  Which
means it is now safe to put more eyes on the code and see how
things are going.

Eric