LinuxBIOS problems with DoC

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Aug 28 00:17:00 CEST 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Michel Belleau wrote:

> Selon ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov>:
>
> > you can not use doc with the EPIA, you have to use a normal flash.
>
> Hi Ron. Is this a software or an hardware problem? Thanks a lot.

it is a chipset problem. You can not really get that chipset on in a
general way in the 256 bytes or so you get with the DoC.

I did have that northbridge working once up on a time with DoC but it was
very flaky. It has a very finicky ram bus and so you can not just set
general parameters and have dram come up reliably.

ron