Linuxbios: Booting linux from flash IDE drive on epia boards?

Hubert Denkmair linuxbios at denkmair.de
Sat Aug 23 13:40:01 CEST 2003

Hello, (second try)

I'm planning to build my own car mp3 player on a PC basis and now found
out that the VIA epia boards seem to be supported by linuxbios.
I'd love to boot my mp3 player via linuxbios to get the music playing
asap... unfortunatly the linuxbios-docs are not very userfriendly - I
understand that it's possible to boot the epia boards via etherboot, but
can i also load a kernel from IDE devices, e.g. a compact flash card
mounted into a IDE compact flash drive?
If not - is there any other way to load a linux-kernel really FAST in a
EPIA standalone (car-) system?

Would you recommand a special board, such as the EPIA-V8000, or are they
all working well?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Hubert
---